Mobility – the concept of being available at all times for all users. With the number of active mobile devices outpacing the human population, it becomes essential for companies to invest in their mobile strategy to stay relevant in the marketplace. A good mobile ecosystem complements corporations businesses by engaging consumers, promoting offerings, increasing revenue streams and enhancing brand awareness. This article is primarily intended for conventional businesses who do not have a significant digital presence as opposed to new age companies (like e-commerce).
1. Map your business – The age old mantra of Know Your Customer is all the more critical in digital. What would you like your consumer to see in your corporation? As in a physical environment, how would you like him to navigate in your store? Correspondingly, design and build your mobile ecosystem around the user. Once you set up the architecture, identify the most appropriate delivery system for your user “mobile website or native app or hybrid.
2. Ensure Service Continuity – Ensure continuity in all forms of user engagement. The service delivery and value proposition offered in a brick & mortar store must be emulated in your mobile ecosystem. Your customers, physical & virtual, must always enjoy their experience with you, irrespective of the medium. Opting for a cloud-based solution will ensure business continuity with enhanced security while minimizing investments.
3. Identify Revenue generation streams – How do you want your mobile ecosystem to improve your top line? You can either sell products directly on your app or describe your product interactively to create inquiries or engage with customers to strengthen your brand awareness. In all these cases, we directly or indirectly influence the customer to buy our offering. Do ensure to have the right set of metrics for the appropriate selling model to capture the effectiveness of the selected method.
4. Offer impeccable User experience – the mobile app or website play the role of salesman and brand manager for your business. Ensuring a proper interface will not only generate higher traffic but also increase revenues. With a bevy of new form factors (phablets, tablets, wearables) and Operating systems (Firefox, Tizen) flooding the market, ensure proper compatibility with all the relevant hardware & software. Of course, this will be dependent on your target audience & geography also. Make your customer interaction dynamic with Location based services & Social promotions to create a TOMA (Top of the mind awareness) effect.
5. Promote your digital – Enable your customers to easily discover your mobile ecosystem. Depending on the type and scale of your business, promote your app using new age (SEOs, social media, other app advertisements) or conventional (mass media, word of mouth) marketing vehicles. Feature your apps in all your brand communication. Be cautious of the major tech trends. Google recently updated its search algorithm to rank higher mobile-friendly sites (including apps) than regular ones. Hence, investing in mobile solutions will improve a company’s service discovery better.
6. Protect your customers trust – In the light of numerous data breaches and government hacking, security has become the new watchword in the technology arena. Loss of customer data in the digital world instantaneously erodes the brand reputation and impacts the company’s bottom-line. Ensure all the necessary security checks in your mobile ecosystem especially when financial transactions are involved.
7. Listen – One of the major benefits of investing in a mobile ecosystem is the ability to capture the voice of the customer. Integrate your app with Social media. Capture the sentiments about your brand. Value feedback about your website or app and take the appropriate actions immediately. Customers greatly appreciate when they feel their feedback is considered. The mobile ecosystem gives companies the chance to listen & speak with the customer. Make the best out of it.